Amateur Events 2016
NOTICE – PRCA Slack has changed to 1 pm Friday, July 29th. Local Entries will be ran immediately after PRCA is finished. Please be present by 1:30 pm for Local Entry Events.
Registration will be for 8:00 AM to 12:00 noon, Monday July 25th, 2016.
- All amateur contestants will participate in the slack/qualifying round of The Ski-Hi Stampede Rodeo. This year’s date is Friday July 29, 2016, at a time which will be announced on Monday July 25, 2016. **You MUST be a resident of the San Luis Valley! No exceptions.**
- Entry fees will be $100.00 per person per event.
Calf Roping - $100.00
Barrel Racing - $100.00
Team Roping - $200.00
An individual may enter only once per event.
- Event will be a 1 (one) go round timed trials.
- The 8 (eight) fastest times, who were successful in the qualifying round, will advance to the Ski-Hi Pro Rodeo performances on Saturday and Sunday, bottom 4 Saturday and top 4 Sunday.
- Amateur monies will be paid to the fastest 4 contestants during Friday qualifier.
Stock, secretary and judges fees will be deducted.
Pay off will be as follows:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th places paid.
- 40%-1 st, 30%-2 nd, 20%-3 rd,10%-4 th.
- There will be no additional entry fee for participation in the Stampede Pro Rodeo. The fastest time in each event will be the winner of the amateur saddle for the event. The amateur saddle will be presented to the winner at the Sunday performance of the San Luis Valley Ski Hi Rodeo. In the event of a tie for the saddle tie breaker will be the best time from the qualifying round.
- Individuals and teams will be scheduled in the Ski-Hi Pro Rodeo as follows:
- Number of individuals and teams will be divided equally for each of the 2 (two) days (Saturday and Sunday) of the Ski-Hi Pro Rodeo.
- Competition order will be from slowest times from qualifier at the Saturday performance to the fastest times at the Sunday performance.
Example with 8 maximum qualifiers with performance date and running order:
Saturday July 25th – Qualifiers 8,7,6,5
Sunday July 26th - Qualifiers 4,3,2,1
- Once individuals and teams have qualified, and performance times have been set, there will be no changes or additions even if a qualifier must draw out for any reason.
- All communications about complaints or grievances shall be directed to the Ski-Hi Stampede Board of Directors at a monthly meeting by asking for a spot on the agenda to express the concerns. At no time will sponsors or other individuals be approached about grievances. Any violations of this clause may result in disqualification in this year’s eligibility as well as all future year’s eligibility in Ski Hi Stampede Rodeo events.
- Registration will be for 8:00 AM to 12:00 noon, Monday July 25th, 2016.
Contestants must have for registration:
- Entry fee – CASH OR CHECK (see note 1 below)
- Proof of Health Insurance
- Proof of residency (see note 2 below)
- If under 18 years of age, you must be accompanied by a legal guardian
or have a notarized release from your legal guardians.
- Team Roping – Must be the complete Team!
- You must enter in person!
NO EXCEPTIONS! If you do not have the above when you register you will not be allowed to enter.
Note 1: If your check bounces, and you qualify for the Ski Hi Stampede Pro Rodeo, you WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE FOR THE SADDLE in the Ski Hi Stampede Pro Rodeo even if check is made good before the Ski Hi Stampede Rodeo!
Note 2: Residence requirements are Proof of Residency (Driver’s License) of 90 days in San Luis Valley.
- Must be between ages of 5 and 7 years old.
- Must be less than 50 pounds.
- Must be a San Luis Valley resident.
- Must show proof of age and insurance.
- Child must be present at entry office to weigh in.
- Limit of 10 mutton busters per day.
**ALL MUTTON BUSTERS MUST REPORT TO THE WEST END OF THE GRANDSTAND BEFORE THE SADDLE BRONC RIDING BEGINS. CONTESTANTS NOT REPORTING ON TIME WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE**
Junior Steer Riding – Entries are open to the all local residents. Entry fee is free. Sign up will be the same day as all other local entry events. Each entrant must sign a release form and show proof of medical insurance. A buckle will be awarded to the winner of each day.